INVITATION for PARTICIPATION IN THE TRADITIONAL INTERNATIONAL NUCLEAR CONFERENCE
BULGARIAN NUCLEAR ENERGY – NATIONAL, REGIONAL AND WORLD ENERGY SECURITY
June 7 – 9, 2023
Riviera Holiday Club, Varna
UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF
THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF BULGARIA
MINISTRY OF ENERGY
BULGARIAN NUCLEAR REGULATORY AGENCY
ELECTRICITY SYSTEM OPERATOR
Commitment to personal participation in the work of the conference has been taken by:
Rumen Radev President of the Republic of Bulgaria
Rosen Hristov Minister of Energy of the Republic of Bulgaria
Tsanko Bachiski Chairman of the Bulgarian Nuclear Regulatory Agency
Angelin Tsachev Executive Director of ESO
I. CONFERENCE SECTIONS
Time: 09:00 – 13:00
Location: Riviera Beach Hotel, Riviera hall (Reception level)
- Reports from Ambassadors/representatives of the diplomatic corps in Bulgaria from countries where nuclear energy is being developed. The reports will include information on the following:
- reasons, needs, and objectives for nuclear energy development (vision);
- current status of nuclear energy and status of nuclear projects currently in construction (short-to-mid-term planning);
- long-term plans for developing nuclear energy (long-term planning) – national strategies.
- Status and plans for implementing nuclear power projects in Bulgaria and in the region.
Time 09:00 – 13:00
Location: Riviera Beach Hotel, floor 1, Seminar hall, Conference hall
- Perspectives in Nuclear Development, Operation, and Maintenance
- Completed projects – results, conclusions
- Proposals for new technical solutions
- New approaches to supply chain organization
- Experience in overcoming the Covid crisis
- Technologies and practices in decommissioning of nuclear installations
- Reprocessing and storage of RAW and SNF – information exchange on implementation of similar projects
Note. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to include in the program of the two sections the most important reports requested for participation, according to the available working hours of the sections – from 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. The rest of the reports submitted for participation will be presented to the attention of the conference participants as posters.
Time 09:00 – 13:00
Location: Riviera Beach Hotel, floor 1, Seminar hall, Conference hall
- Proposals for the Design and Construction of New Nuclear Facilities. Progress of projects under implementation. Major global companies that offer solutions for the construction of new nuclear facilities will be invited for presentations.
- MMR Perspectives
- Initiatives of the European Commission, IAEA, Nucleareurope
Bogomil Manchev – Bulgarian Atomic Forum
Georgi Kirkov – Kozloduy NPP
Dilyan Petrov – SE RadioActive waste
Nina Peicheva – Bulgarian Atomic Forum
Irena Jordanova– Bulgarian Atomic Forum
Stanislav Georgiev – Bulgarian Atomic Forum
Sabin Sabinov – Selmeda OOD
Peter Manchev – GCR
Andrei Krasnocharov – Kozloduy NPP
Margarita Korkinova – DPRAO
IV. For Report Authors Reports Requirements
- Reports can be prepared in PDF or Word format. The same must be sent to Bulatom according to the deadlines specified in the registration form. The time for presenting the reports will be within 15-20 minutes. When submitting the request for a report, the corresponding author should note in the registration form in which section they would like it to be included and possibly preferences for the time of its presentation.
- The materials must be prepared in one of the working languages of the conference – Bulgarian, Russian or English, and sent to an e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of Mr. Stanislav Georgiev – Chairman of the Scientific Committee, no later than 24/05/2023.
- All the reports will be available on the Bulatom website (www.bulatom-bg.org) up to 6 working days after the end of the conference work.
Important dates for authors of reports:
- Deadline for sending the report electronically: 24/05/2023
- Deadline for notifying authors in which section their report is included: 05/06/2023
- Conference period: 07/06/2023 – 09/06/2023
V. Venue of the conference Riviera Holiday Club
- Riviera Holiday Club is located in the middle of a unique natural park with centuries-old trees on the seashore. It is located 17 km northeast of the city of Varna, in the immediate vicinity of the resort “Golden Sands” and 27 km. from Varna airport.
- A former government residence, today Riviera Holiday Club offers three hotels and is known as an outstanding center for business tourism.
- Website of Riviera Holiday Club www.rivierabulgaria.com
Conference Fee for Foreign Participants
Advance payment of the participation fee is mandatory and guarantees the delegate’s registration. The organizing committee does not undertake the commitment to register participants without a transferred participation fee.
The participation fee must be paid in advance to the Bulatom account:
- Bank: EUROBANK BULGARIA
- Holder: Bulgarian Atomic Forum
- SWIFT BIC: BPBIBGSF
- IBAN (EURO): BG29BPBI7940 1490 9272 01
Please clearly write your name and “International Nuclear Forum” on all bank documents.
The fee includes the organization of the conference, participants’ access to the scientific sessions, and the delivered reports, which will be uploaded to the Bulatom website after the conference is over (www.bulatom-bg.org), conference materials, delegate kit, 3 lunches – 07/06/2023, 08/06/2023 and 09/06/2023, cocktail party on 07/06/2023, coffee breaks.
- A scanned copy of the participation fee invoice will be sent to you by e-mail, and the original will be provided to you on-site during the registration process, before the start of the conference.
- All associated costs, such as bank transfer fees, should be borne by the respective participant in the conference.
- Requests for participation in the conference received after 24/05/2023 will be processed by exception. The payment of participation fee will be made on the spot, and the amounts can be paid in cash or by credit/debit cards. Cards accepted at Riviera Holiday Club: VISA, Mastercard.
You can register in one of the following ways:
- Option 1: Online registration form: click here.
- Option 2: Via e-mail. Please fill-in and send the following registration form. The form must be sent to the Bulatom e-mail address: email@example.com. If you also want hotel accommodation, the hotel accommodation form must be sent to the e-mail address of Riviera Holiday Club: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline for sending the form: 24/05/2023. Requests for participation in the conference and hotel accommodation after this date will be processed by the Organizing Committee and Riviera Holiday Club only by exception.
For participants in the Conference who are registered after 24/05/2023, payment of the participation fee and hotel accommodation will be done on the spot, upon arrival.
The Registration Desk will be situated in Hotel Riviera Beach, floor 1. The working hours of the Registration Desk are as follows:
- on 06/06/2023: from 10:00 till 22:00
- on 07, 08 and 09/06/2023: from 8:00 till 14:00
Cancellation Terms and Conditions
- If a cancellation request is sent by e-mail before 04/30/2023, an amount equal to the participation fee is refunded, deducting from it the amount equal to 10% for administrative costs.
- If an email is sent with a request for cancellation by 05/24/2023, an amount equal to the participation fee will be refunded, with 50% deducted for administrative costs.
- After 24/05/2023 no participation fees will be refunded.
- Canceling requests will be processed only if they are received in writing either via email or by post (the date of sending the letter from the postmark applies). The Cancelling requests should be addressed to the Organizing Committee (regarding participation fees) and Riviera Holiday Club (regarding the hotel accommodation).
Preferential prices have been agreed upon for the conference participants in three categories of hotels at Riviera Hotel Club:
- Hotel Riviera Beach, 5*
- Hotel Nimfa, 4*
- Oasis Boutique Hotel
Journalists and students will be accommodated in the base of the UTZ “Republika”, which is in the immediate vicinity of the Riviera Hotel Club.
Rooms, prices, availability
The table shows the number of available rooms in the different categories of hotels, as well as their prices.
The information is current as of 10/04/2023.
The prices include resort fee, bed and breakfast, insurance, as well:
- for 5* hotel – access to an indoor and outdoor pool, gym, safe in the rooms, internet, parking
- for 4* hotel – access to indoor pool in hotel Riviera and outdoor poll in front of hotel Lotos, safe in the rooms, internet, parking
- for UTZ “Republika” – internet, gym, guarded parking
These prices are only valid if the hotel reservation is made through Bulatom/Riviera. Requests for changes in hotel accommodation (type of hotel or the number of nights) should be sent in writing to Riviera and the Conference Organizing Committee, no later than 24/05/2023.
The prices are valid for the period from 03/06/2023 till 10/06/2023.
The request for hotel accommodation should be made in accordance with the requirements specified in the registration form. The hotel accommodation must be paid in advance either by bank transfer or by credit card authorization.
Payment details for bank transfer:
Bank: KBC Bank Bulgaria
Holder: “Riviera” AD
SWIFT BIC: RZBBBGSF
IBAN (EURO): BG70RZBB 9155 1464 2559 10
IBAN (BGN): BG12RZBB 9155 1064 2559 20
Accommodation requests received after 05/24/2023 will be processed by exception. The payment will be made on the spot, and the amounts can be paid in cash or by credit/debit cards. Cards accepted at Riviera Holiday Club: VISA, Mastercard.
Important conditions related to hotel accommodation
- Accommodation of the participants in the conference in the hotels of Riviera Holiday Club will only take place after the advance payment of the entire stay of the respective participant, as explained above.
- In the event that a participant in the conference had to leave earlier than the reserved and paid stay, Riviera Holiday Club will not refund the amount already paid.
- Conference participants must pay for all additional services ordered in accordance with the prices valid for the relevant day. No room credit is allowed unless the guest provides a credit card as a guarantee.
In order to be able to make the accommodation reservations for the conference participants, the Organizing Committee and Riviera Holiday Club politely ask the participants to pay for the hotel accommodation and the conference participation fee by bank transfer, using the bank details, published above. We kindly remind you that these advance payments are mandatory.
Requests for participation in the conference received after 24/05/2023 will be processed by exception. The payment of the participation fee and hotel accommodation will be made on the spot, and the amounts can be paid in cash or by credit/debit cards. Cards accepted at Riviera Holiday Club: VISA, Mastercard.
Confirmation of Hotel Accommodation
After receiving the registration form, as well as the payment of the participation fee and hotel accommodation, the Organizing Committee and Riviera Hotel Club will inform the participant that he is registered and confirm his hotel accommodation in the hotel of his choice. Information about the name of the hotel will be sent electronically to the relevant participant no later than 24/05/2023.
Receiving the original INVOICES
- For the hotel accommodation, the participants will receive the invoice from Riviera AD at the reception, upon check-in at the respective hotel.
- For the participation fee, participants will receive it upon arrival at the registration hall located on the first floor of the Riviera Hotel upon arrival – preferably on 06/06/2023.
VIII. Social Events
Dates: 07, 08, and 09/06/2023. The exact time at which the lunches will be held will be fixed in the conference program – after completion of the work of the conference on each day of its holding, i.e. after 13:00.
Location: restaurant „Riviera Beach”, Riviera Holiday Club“, floor 2
Included in the participation fee.
Date: 07/06/2023, 20:00
Location: hotel Oazis
Included in the participation fee.
Accompanying persons who wish to participate in the social events can purchase couverts at the Secretariat – Registration Desk on floor 1, hotel Riviera Beach.
The price of the lunch is 20.50 EUR. The price for the cocktail is 47.00 EUR.
Sponsorship and exhibition space
Sponsorship opportunities refer to companies that support the development of nuclear energy in Bulgaria and have long-standing business relations with the relevant state structures and companies in Bulgaria’s energy sector.
To the companies that wish to advertise their activities by building a stand during the conference, the Organizing Committee provides 25 square meters of space free of charge. A maximum of 5 square meters of the area will be provided to a company. Each place will be provided with 1 table, 2 chairs, and electrical power
Please, contact Bulatom at email@example.com regarding sponsorship and exhibition space.
For questions about the overall organization of the conference, please contact:
Mr. Bogomil Manchev – Chairman of the Organizing Committee
Mr. Stanislav Georgiev – Chairman of the Scientific Committee